ICC Under19 Cricket World Cup New Zealand 2018 - Volunteer Opportunities
Early next year, New Zealand will be hosting 16 international cricket teams from across the globe for the ICC Under19 Cricket World Cup 2018 (ICC U19 CWC 2018). With 48 matches being played across four host cities (Whangarei, Tauranga, Christchurch and Queenstown) from 13 January – 3 February 2018, we are calling for volunteers to assist with the delivery of the tournament.
The objectives of the volunteer workforce are:
• To be positive, approachable and carry themselves with a personable and professional attitude • To provide superior customer service and a willingness to go the extra mile to assist spectators • To support event and venue operations at match and training venues • To provide quality information and assistance to teams and officials at city airports and hotels • To be an outstanding ambassador for the Host City and the ICC U19 CWC 2018
All volunteers will meet the (ICC U19 CWC 2018) values of inclusivity, respect, tenacity, optimism and fun.
WHAT ROLES ARE AVAILABLE?
There are three (3) key roles the LOC will be looking to fill in each host city to enhance the overall event delivery experience:
Spectator and Venue Host Spectator and Venue Hosts will assist with a wide variety of tasks including general spectator and fan interaction, assisting with the efficient and safe entry of spectators through the entry gates on match days by recording spectator entry numbers, and assisting with traffic and parking management within the venue perimeter. Volunteers within this space are required to be comfortable working with people, have strong customer service and communication skills and project a positive, approachable and personable attitude.
Event Assistant Event Assistant volunteers will support the operational delivery on match days (and potentially on some non-match days also). Working closely with Event Management Staff at the venue, this role will assist with an assortment of tasks including venue and match operations to ensure the venue is set up. This is an operational role, and will require applicants to be physically fit, have flexibility and a strong knowledge of cricket, good problem-solving skills and a proactive approach. The volunteers within this role will also require strong communication skills and project a positive, approachable and personable attitude.
Media / Broadcast / Digital Assistants The Media / Broadcast / Digital Assistants volunteer roles will involve:
- Gathering and publishing content to our social platforms from match venues including match photos, behind the scenes video, quotes etc.
- Live streaming of certain content such as post-game interviews and player of the match
- Attendance at press conferences/training sessions for visual content and interviews
- Ad-hoc tasks
- confident, driven people who have a solid understanding of social media
- Cricket knowledge is certainly a distinct plus
For more information and to apply please visit http://nzc.nz/international/icc-u19-cricket-world-cup-2018/volunteer-programme